It is essential to clean your house regularly. Your windows are an integral part of your house. That’s where the sunlight, wind and air come into your rooms. Hence it becomes vital to clean the windows and their covers on a regular basis. Buying shutters and blinds in Melbourne is great, but they need to be cleaned regularly as well for their longer life.
We know that cleaning your shutters and blinds in Melbourne can be difficult in your busy day-to-day life, which is why we have listed a few ways and tips for you on how you should clean your blinds and shutters. Have a look at them to understand the process better.
- Dust them regularly with a soft cloth. The horizontal blinds can end up collecting a lot of dust and dirt if they are not cleaned often. Even though they don’t contain as much dirt as horizontal blinds, vertical blinds in Melbourne weather can collect some particles or dust as well. Hence, use a clean and soft cloth to clean the shutters and blinds.
- You can use a damp cloth for the stubborn dirt on the shutters. Sometimes the dirt and dust, when not cleaned very often, gets stuck on the shutters. You can use a damp cloth to remove those stains. Wiping the shutters with a wet cloth regularly eliminates the need of cleaning them daily.
- You can also use a vacuum cleaner to clean the blinds using the soft brush attachment or a hairdryer in a non-heat setting.
Some of the things that you should avoid or keep in mind while cleaning your shutters and blinds in Melbourne are listed below-
- Do not use soap water on vertical and wood blinds.
- Use oil soap for a deep cleanse once in a while on wood blinds.
- Dry out the shutters and blinds before rearranging them.
- Do not move the louvres with force. Be gentle with them.
- Clean your blinds and shutters once every week. If you see a dirt stain, give it a gentle spot cleanse with water and brush, and dry it off.
Shutters and blinds in Melbourne weather have become a necessity. To protect your house from all the cold winds, snow, and rain, it is good to get shutters and blinds attached to your windows. Hopefully, you have a better picture of how to clean the blinds and shutters in your house after reading this. So, off you go to the cleaning!